The MCC Vendor Oversight Metric Development work group – comprised of more than 200 individuals from 56 companies – developed four metric toolkits between April 2017 – January 2020. The purpose of the metric sets is to establish consensus-based, portfolio-level time, cost/finance and quality metrics for sponsors and CROs to use in an oversight capacity. One metric toolkit includes comprehensive guidance on designing, running, and interpreting results from relationship surveys. Using the proprietary MCC Metric Development Model, the work group defined nine CSFs, twenty-nine high priority KPQs and nearly 60 metrics that help you answer the high priority performance questions.
The work group has moved into the Implementation Support stage of the metric set life-cycle. Online meetings will be held on a quarterly basis to provide MCC members the opportunity to ask questions and share experiences related to implementing the metric set. Registration links are available on the Upcoming Meetings Webpage in the MCC Members Portal.
- Vendor Oversight Work Group explored the following topics:
- Existing metrics developed by the MCC that could be used, possibly with modification, for vendor oversight
- Potential impacts of ICH E6 (R2) on vendor oversight metrics
- Deliverables from previous MCC work groups – in particular, the list of high priority questions developed by the MCC Relationship Quality Work Group – that can be incorporated into the vendor oversight metrics
- The opportunity to define new metrics based on data elements from separate systems that consortia members are now able to generate as a result of implementing new system integration, data warehousing and reporting capabilities
Vendor Oversight Work Group output:
- MCC Vendor Oversight Finance Metrics – includes robust metric definitions for 16 metrics defined at four different levels; Portfolio, Study, Country and Investigative Site and have clarity on purpose, definition, target and use. The toolkit includes additional components to assist with metric selection, implementation and use.
- Vendor Oversight Critical Success Factors
- MCC Vendor Oversight Quality Metrics – a set of 19 metrics grouped into three categories: CRO oversight, CRO sub-contracted vendor oversight and functional oversight. A series of Key Performance Questions (KPQs) were developed to guide the metric development process.
- MCC Vendor Oversight Timeliness Metrics – a set of 9 metrics aggregating data across studies for timeliness of milestone delivery and SUSAR reporting.
- MCC Vendor Oversight Relationship Assessment Metrics – a set of 15 metrics for use in analyzing relationship survey data. These metrics also come with a comprehensive Implementation Guide on how to develop, administer, analyze and use surveys to celebrate successes and focus improvement efforts.
- Vendor Oversight Key Performance Questions
Looking for additional information?
Those interested in joining the work group should log into their member account and select Vendor Oversight Work Group in their user profile. For additional information about joining the Vendor Oversight Performance Work Group, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCC Membership Information
This is a member-only group. For additional information about MCC membership options or to find out if your organization is a MCC member, please visit the MCC Membership webpage or contact MCC Director of Membership, Teresa Holland or call 317-622-0266. Contact Linda Sullivan to discuss additional Vendor Oversight related details.
Download White Papers
MCC Vendor Oversight Metric Toolkit v1.0
MCC Vendor Oversight Quality Metrics
MCC Vendor Oversight Relationship Assessment Metrics
MCC Vendor Oversight Timeliness Metrics
Join Our LinkedIn Community
Employees of MCC member organizations are invited to join the MCC Vendor Oversight LinkedIn Community to get the latest news on work group activities, share relevant news and participate in online discussions.