The Imaging Process Metrics Toolkit v3.0 is now available to download by those in MCC member organizations. The work group worked on revising the metrics through 2019 starting with input and feedback on v2.0 of the metrics. This toolkit has also been upgraded to one of our next generation toolkits. There are many additional components to assist with the implementation and use of the metrics:
- An overview and implementation guide
- An updated process map
- 4 metric selection tools which help you select the right metrics for your situation and to list the associated data elements needed
- A metrics reporting planning worksheet to help plan the reporting of the metrics you select
- Metrics now defined as Basic / Advanced, Portfolio / Study / Site, and as potential Key Risk Indicators
The work group has moved into the Implementation Support stage of the metric set life-cycle. Online meetings will be held on a quarterly basis to provide MCC members the opportunity to ask questions and share experiences related to implementing the metric set. Registration links are available on the Upcoming Meetings Webpage in the MCC Members Portal.
MCC Imaging Process Metrics Toolkit v3.0
|Metric Toolkit Overview and Implementation Guide||Document providing an overview of the Metrics Toolkit and recommended approaches for selecting metrics for your program|
|Metric Toolkit Overview (Recorded Webinar)||To provide an overview of purpose of the metrics and how to use the toolkit — includes demonstrations of the Metric Workbook and Metric Selection and Implementation Tools.|
|Process Map with Metrics||To show the location of the MCC metrics in relation to the high level process — All metrics, portfolio, study, site and KRIs|
|Metrics Workbook||To define each metric. Includes purpose, recommended usage, target, glossary and process map|
|Metric Selection & Implementation Support Tools*|
|Tool A: Key Performance Questions to Metrics||To determine recommended metrics and data elements that help you answer for key performance questions|
|Tool B: Issues to Metrics||To determine recommended metrics and data elements for particular issues|
|Tool C: Basic/Advanced Metrics to Data Elements||To select basic vs advanced metrics and determine data elements needed to calculate selected metrics|
|Tool D: Data Elements to Metrics||To determine metrics available with a given set of data elements|
|Tool E: Metrics Reporting Planning Worksheet||For use between sponsor, CRO and other vendors. Specifies metrics to be used along with reporting frequency and responsibilities|
*Each tool has a short associated “How-To-Use” demo.
MCC member organizations can download the MCC Imaging Process Metrics Toolkit 3.0 by logging into the member portal and visiting the MCC metrics sets and tool page. Contact MCC Customer Service if you need assistance.
Imaging Process Metrics Work Group explored the following topics:
- How are the existing imaging metrics, developed by MCC in 2009 and revised in 2014, being used today, to what degree and by what types of functions and organizations in the clinical trials arena?
- How do we ensure that the MCC imaging metrics are keeping pace with the changing technologies, industry practices and regulatory requirements?
- What is the potential impact of ICH E6 (R2) on imaging vendor oversight metrics and who is ultimately responsible for reviewing metrics within the oversight model?
- What new metrics should we design to accommodate current industry practices, including the broad adoption of electronic image data transfer, automated and semi-automated image QC, and rapid turn-around central review?
- Is there a need for new metrics to accommodate the advent of big data analytics, emerging imaging biomarkers, cloud-based image management solutions and integrated end-to-end imaging platforms?
- Are there therapeutic area-specific imaging metrics that should be considered?
Looking for additional information?
Those interested in joining the work group should log into their member account and select Imaging Performance Work Group in their user profile. For additional information about joining the Imaging Performance Work Group, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
MCC Membership Information
This is a member-only group. For additional information about MCC membership options or to find out if your organization is a MCC member, please visit the MCC Membership webpage or contact MCC Director of Membership, Teresa Holland or call 317-622-0266. Contact Linda Sullivan to discuss additional Imaging related details. Return to Work Group List
MCC Imaging Process Metrics Toolkit v3.0*
- Metrics Toolkit Overview and Implementation Guide
- Metric Toolkit Overview (Recorded Webinar)
- Process Map with Metrics
- Metrics Workbook
Metric Selection & Implementation Support Tools:
- Tool A: Key Performance Questions to Metrics
- Tool B: Issues to Metrics
- Tool C: Basic/Advanced Metrics
- Tool D: Data Elements to Metrics
- Tool E: Metrics Reporting Planning Worksheet
*Available to MCC Member Organizations. For more information on membership options contact Membership Director Terry Holland.
Join Our LinkedIn Community
Employees of MCC member organizations are invited to join the MCC Imaging LinkedIn Community to get the latest news on work group activities, share relevant news and participate in online discussions.