The MCC Site Selection and Study Start-Up work group members are working to define site selection and site study start-up process metrics. In 2018, MCC released the MCC Site Contracting Metric Toolkit v1.0 that includes detailed metric descriptions and Global Start-Up Comparison Models that group countries into five models according to the impact that local regulatory and ethical approval processes have on the site contracting process. This work group will build upon the foundation established in the site contracting toolkit and examine the overall process of site selection and start-up. Our goal is to collaboratively develop standardized metrics that can be used across industry to monitor, manage and improve the process.
1st Tuesday of the month, 10-11am EST – Registration links are available on the Upcoming Meetings Webpage in the MCC Members Portal.
Team is Exploring:
Site Selection & Start Up Work Group is exploring the following topics:
- The process of site selection, site start-up and activation
- Perspectives of member organizations on the important questions the metrics should answer (Key performance Questions)
- Metrics for site selection, site start-up and activation
- Metrics at site, country, study and portfolio levels
- Metrics for timeliness and quality as well as for cycle timeThe site start-up metrics from the existing Clinical Trial Performance Metrics set v1.3 and feedback from the survey
Work Group Output to Date:
- MCC Site Contracting Metric Toolkit v1.1 – a set of 29 basic and advanced metrics, performance targets and Global Start-Up Comparison Models, includes “Next Generation” Metric Implementation Support Tools
MCC member organizations can download the MCC Site Contracting Metric Toolkit v1.1 by logging into the member portal and visiting the MCC metrics sets and tool page. Contact MCC Customer Service if you need assistance.
Work Group Planned Output:
- High level process map
- Key Performance Questions and associated metrics
- Metric selection tools
- Metric implementation guide
Looking for additional information?
Those interested in joining the work group should log into their member account and select Site Selection & Study Start-Up Work Group in their user profile. For additional information about joining the Site Selection & Study Start-Up Work Group, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
MCC Membership Information
This is a member-only group. For additional information about MCC membership options or to find out if your organization is a MCC member, please visit the MCC Membership webpage or contact MCC Director of Membership, Teresa Holland or call 317-622-0266.
Return to Work Group List
Download MCC Site Contracting Metrics Toolkit v1.1 White Paper
Join Our LinkedIn Community
Employees of MCC member organizations are invited to join the MCC Site Selection and Start-Up LinkedIn Community to get the latest news on work group activities, share relevant news and participate in online discussions.