The MCC Cardiopulmonary Process Metrics Toolkit v2.2 (ABPM, ECG, and Spirometry metrics) is now available for MCC member organizations to download from the portal.
Thank you to all who provided input and feedback as we carried out this update. The toolkit includes “core” metrics that are applicable to the set-up, conduct and oversight of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM), electrocardiogram (ECG) and spirometry services in clinical trials. Additionally, the toolkit included ABPM-, ECG- and spirometry-specific metrics. The update includes the following modifications:
- Consolidation of all metrics into one metric workbook – comprising the core metrics, and ABPM-, ECG- and Spirometry-specific metrics.
- Metric “Core 3” has been split into two metrics – one measuring the proportion of sites where equipment was shipped on time and another measuring the proportion of sites where equipment is reported as having an error. In the original metric, the measurement was for the proportion of sites where equipment was received on time and members agreed that this was very challenging data to collect.
- Performance targets updates for the ECG metrics 1a, 1b and 1c, and the example formula corrected for 1b and 1c.
- The glossary has been added to the metric workbook – similar to other MCC metric sets.
- Metric selection tools and implementation support tools have been developed
The changes were reviewed and accepted by MCC members in March 2020. Please visit the MCC Cardiopulmonary Process Metrics Work Group page for additional information.
Not a member? Contact Terry Holland, MCC Membership Director, to discuss membership options.